Jones Co, MS - Firefighters from Powers and Glade Volunteer Fire Departments were dispatched to Taylor’s Construction Company on Taylor’s Circle in Jones County, Monday night, March 16, to the report of an RV Motor Home on fire behind the business, with the fire approaching a 30 gallon propane tank.
Upon arrival, firefighters found the entire back portion of the motor home totally engulfed in flames. Firefighters were able to suppress the fire before it reached the propane tank, which was located near the front of the motor home.
RV Motor Home goes up in flames in Jones County
According to witnesses the motor home, owned by Larry Taylor, was being driven to the shop building when it quit running, then burst into flames at the engine area in the rear of the motor home.
No one was injured during the incident, and the motor home was deemed a total loss.
Story & Photos by Linda Cranford, Jones County Fire Service PIO