Wayne county officials round-up 6 felony drug arrests
WAYNE COUNTY, Miss. - The Wayne County Sheriff's Department said in the past month they have arrested 6 separate felony drug cases.
Sheriff Jody Ashley said the department's safety check-point initiation is ridding drugs out of the county.
“The safety checkpoints are very effective, they are working in the county" said Sheriff Ashley.
He added, "You know this is check point set up, checking for safety, checking for seatbelt violations, to everything, and we get drugs too, so this is making it a safer and better place to live.”
Sheriff Ashley said 2 out of the 6 felonies are sell-cases.
The following have been arrested for felony drugs:
1. Jeremy Harris, possession of Firearm by Felon.
2. Travis Lamb, possession of cocaine, marijuana, and paraphernalia.
3. David Busby, possession of control substance with intent
4.William David Kelley, possession of crystal meth
5. James Earl Baldwin, sale of controlled substance
6. James Wesley, sale of cocaine