Local fire leaves one woman homeless

January 4, 2017

 

LUMBERTON, Miss. - One woman is now homeless because of a fire.

 

Fire Chief of Lumberton, Mike Watts said a fire broke out Tuesday at 9:45 p.m. at Country Village Apartments on East Main Avenue.

 

The fire was started from the woman cooking dinner.

 

A resident said the Lumberton Police Department were the first ones on scene attempting to put out the fire. Shortly after, the Lumberton Volunteer Fire Department arrived and put out the fire.

 

The apartment suffered major water damage.

Please reload

Toggle Closed Captions on/off through the YouTube video player settings

ARCHIVE

Please reload

Subscribe for Updates

  • Facebook App Icon
  • Twitter App Icon
  • Instagram Social Icon
RSS Feed

WHPM/FOX23 is a proud member of the ADP

120 North 40th Avenue

Hattiesburg, MS 39401

(601)602-3174

Waypoint Media

© 2020 WHPM-TV