Local fire leaves one woman homeless


LUMBERTON, Miss. - One woman is now homeless because of a fire.

Fire Chief of Lumberton, Mike Watts said a fire broke out Tuesday at 9:45 p.m. at Country Village Apartments on East Main Avenue.

The fire was started from the woman cooking dinner.

A resident said the Lumberton Police Department were the first ones on scene attempting to put out the fire. Shortly after, the Lumberton Volunteer Fire Department arrived and put out the fire.

The apartment suffered major water damage.

B-SWANSONG.png
B-BUCKFEVER.png
B-NEWSTIPS_CLICK_HERE.png
B-ADVERTISE_CLICK_HERE.png

ARCHIVE

Toggle Closed Captions on/off through the YouTube video player settings