Mississippi Comic Con to bring fun and fandom to Jackson on June 27th and 28th
Mississippi Comic Con is a celebration of popular culture and is set for June 27th and 28th at the Trade Mart in Jackson, MS. The convention will feature celebrity guests, artists, and vendors who will come from the fandoms of sci-fi, horror, anime, gaming, super heroes, fantasy, and much more. This is the second year for the event, with last year’s show being called the Southern Popular Culture Convention.
Held at the Trade Mart in Jackson, the Mississippi Comic Con will feature such names as WWF wrestling superstar Brutus “The Barber” Beefcake, internationally known cosplayer Kristen Hughey, actors Scott Schwartz (A Christmas Story, The Toy), David Della Rocco (The Boondock Saints), Sean Patrick Flanery (Young Indiana Jones), James Leary (Buffy the Vampire Slayer), and Trina Nishimura (Attack On Titan); with comic book artists such as Steven Butler, John Dell, Mitch Byrd, and Steve Scott also on site doing commissions. There will be a replica Batmobile in attendance (based on the 1989 Tim Burton film) as well as a screen used 1967 Chevrolet Impala from the popular TV show Supernatural. The complete lineup for the convention is available at www.mississippicomiccon.com.
"We are looking forward to bringing the convention back to Jackson after such a great turnout last year," said Greg Hanks, one of the owners of AVC Conventions, the company behind the event. "Comic conventions have become such an all-encompassing event, we are very excited with how our lineup turned out and are confident we have something to offer for everyone attending."
Convention highlights include:
· Lake Charles, LA born actor Sean Patrick Flanery from
The Boondock Saints and Young Indiana Jones.
· Louisiana’s own Roland Paris, artist for Marvel Entertainment, DC Comics,
and Image, among others.
· Voice actor Trina Nishimura from Attack On Titan,
Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, and Evangelion.
· New Orleans based artist Brandon Badeaux, who has worked on Superman: Man of Steel, Harley Quinn, Green Lantern, G.I. Joe, Star Wars: Republic, Star Wars: Empire, Star Wars: Rebellion, and Resident Evil comics before being chosen to design villains
for the Batman: Arkham City video game.
· WWF wrestling superstar Brutus “The Barber” Beefcake.
· Artist John Lucas, who has worked for D.C., Darkhorse, Ad House, Top Cow,
and Marvel - including working on the fan favorite comic, Deadpool.
· Groups such as The Transformers Car Club of Mississippi, Dead South Horror, Southern Geek, Hanger 18 Props, representatives from the Ronald McDonald House of Mississippi, Star Wars fan groups – Rancor Raiders Garrison, Dagobah Base, Veshok Clan,
and Mississippi Mandalorians.
· A replica of the Batmobile, based on the 1989 Tim Burton film Batman.
· A screen used 1967 Chevrolet Impala, from the popular television show Supernatural.
· Panels from guests, a costume contest, a gaming tournament, and more.
For more information or to purchase tickets, visit www.sopocu.com.