top of page

Brittanny Dinkins selected as a finalist for 2017 C Spire Gillom Trophy

I The following is a press release from Sterling Randle, Communications Assistant.

HATTIESBURG, Miss. - The Mississippi Sports Hall of Fame released the three finalists for the 2017 C Spire Gillom Trophy, which includes Southern Miss senior guard Brittanny Dinkins (Miami, Fla.).

Dinkins is leading the Lady Eagles with 18.4 points and 3.8 assists per game. The senior is atop the Conference USA rankings as well with 98 total steals, good enough for fifth in the country.

Her conference-leading 3.38 steals per game, are also No. 9 nationally. She set her career mark for points this season when she had a 32-point outburst against Old Dominion. In the same game, Dinkins tied the single-game record with 10 steals.

Dinkins has played the most games in Lady Eagle history (128) and is climbing the record book charts for most points (1,387, No. 12), total steals (273, seventh most), steals by a senior (98, third most) and 3-point field goals made (156, third most), to name a few.

Named in honor of MSHOF Hall of Famer Peggie Gillom-Granderson, the award is given to most outstanding women's basketball player and signifies excellence by those receiving the award. Gillom-Granderson played and coached at Ole Miss and still holds many of their records.

Victoria Vivians and Morgan William of Mississippi State University are also finalists.

Fan voting begins Monday, February 27 at 8:30 a.m. and continues through 5 p.m. on Saturday, March 4. The C Spire fan voting will be at Media votes count for 90% of the final count and the fan vote the remaining 10%. Tickets for the C Spire Gillom and the C Spire Howell Trophies are available at or at the Hall of Fame office at 1152 Lakeland Drive, Jackson.



Toggle Closed Captions on/off through the YouTube video player settings

bottom of page