DO YOU LOVE NETWORK TELEVISION?
WE HAVE A MULTI-PLATFORM SALES OPPORTUNITY AVAILABLE AT WHPM-TV/FOX 23!
Do Work That Matters
Waypoint Media is seeking a determined and persuasive sales professional to join our sales team at FOX 23 in Hattiesburg, Mississippi.
WHPM-TV provides informative, thought-provoking and entertaining content through a multi-media platform that includes the FOX Television Network, FOX 23 News @ 9, myfox23.com, ThisTV and MeTV/MyNet.
As an account executive in commercial broadcasting you will be expected to make cold-calls to decision makers at local businesses, meet with them to understand their marketing needs and develop proposals that offer marketing solutions to help them grow their businesses. This is a full life cycle sales position in that you will prospect, conduct needs assessments, create and present proposals, close the deal, write copy and service the account. Being in an outside sales position responsible for the sale of television sponsorship messages, digital media and events is a big deal – while managing an active account list you will also focus on developing new business by cold-calling and following a consultative sales approach.
Do You Have?
- Passion for the product. We are looking for a BIG fan of syndicated & network television, especially FOX. Having knowledge about the programming is a plus!
- The ability to build rapport with people face-to-face and virtually to achieve business relationships that are credible and trustworthy.
- Thoughtful and persuasive verbal and written communications skills. Ability to create credible and professional visual presentations and proposals.
- The ability to research market data and use it appropriately to sell the product.
- The ability to secure new business by using a disciplined sales strategy.
- Ability to manage time and resources, prioritize effectively and achieve/exceed goals.
- A collaborative personality. We are looking for a team member who values communicating with management and peers for feedback/insight.
- The ability to think strategically to achieve station, client and personal goals.
- 2+ years of media sales experience. TV, and digital experience is highly preferred!
- 4 year college degree; related field is preferred.
About Waypoint Media
“Unique” doesn’t begin to describe this one-of-a-kind company. Waypoint Media provides network broadcast television in 4 markets with 11 different stations. Recognized as one of the fastest growing, independently owned broadcast companies, Waypoint Media is committed to helping our clients better serve their communities while helping them grow their businesses. Meeting and exceeding our client marketing goals requires our sales candidates to be exceptional, determined professionals who share our enthusiasm and vision for setting the standard of excellence in network broadcasting. Best of all, we have fun while we are at it!
Waypoint Media Offers a competitive salary and benefits package, including health and dental care benefits, paid vacation, and a 401K retirement plan.
Resume and cover letter must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org to be considered for this position.
The Company does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, family status, veteran status, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.